FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATION THRU THE IRS TCE
(Tax Counseling for the Elderly
Senior Service Council Escondido: offers assistance on tax returns from, Internal Revenue Service or California Franchise Tax board. Need an amendment to your return? Did you receive a letter from the IRS or the FTB? Have yet to file your current or prior year tax return? We will help you respond to the letter and/or file your return. For low to moderate income taxpayers.
February 1 through April 18, 2022
- Appointments Recommended and will be serviced as scheduled
- Online Appointments – preferred – Select Here for Instructions
- Phone Appointments – Call – (760) 480-0611
- Make sure that you bring “ITEMS YOU MUST BRING” list below
- Walk-in appointment availability will be determined daily based on the number of tax preparers and possible cancellations. Scheduled Hours include:
- Tuesday & Thursday …………..……..9a.m. – 3p.m.
- Wednesday…………………………………..12p.m. – 3p.m.
- Friday …………………..…………………….. 9a.m. – 12p.m.
ITEMS YOU MUST BRING TO DO YOUR TAXES
- Social Security Cards for every person on return
(a 1099 SSA, a letter w/your SS# from SSA Admin, last years accepted return may be acceptable)
- Picture ID for taxpayer and spouse. Married? Both must be present
ADDITIONAL ITEMS YOU MIGHT NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR RETURN
- A copy of last years return.
- A paper check with account and routing #s for refund direct deposit
- W-2 form from each employer
- Social Security form if receiving social security benefits (SSA-1099)
- Pension or Annuity forms (1099-R)
- All forms showing interest, dividends (1099-INT, 1099-DIV)
- Unemployment statement (1099-G)
- Capital Gains/Brokerage statements (1099-B)
All stock sales require purchase date and cost(basis) of stock
- All records regarding any other income received (1099 MISC, business)
- Gambling winnings (W2-G)
- Form 1095-A if you bought health insurance through Covered CA
- Child Care provider name, Tax Identification number, amount paid
- Educational expenses, 1098T student loan interest payments
- Itemizing deductions? (Schedule A) Bring Receipts or statements for:
- Mortgage Interest
- Real Estate Taxes. Sales tax paid for big ticket items purchased
- Bill from DMV (vehicle license fee only is deductible
- Summarized list of medical, dental, and vision expenses, mileage to/from
- Summarized list of Charitable contributions, mileage
- Union dues, tax prep fees, uniform expenses
- Amount and date of estimated tax payments made, if any
- Anything else you think may be applicable…