Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)
A program of Elder Law & Advocacy
State-registered HICAP counselors will provide:
- Information/materials about Medicare and related health insurance
- Assist with Medicare issues, claims, and denials
- Assist in submitting claims to Medicare or Medicare supplemental insurance plans
- Analyze and compare supplemental and long-term care insurance policies
- Advocate for clients with Medicare or provider disputes
- Refer clients to the HICAP attorney, when appropriate
The HICAP counselor will meet clients in the SSCE staff office.
Please call 858.565.8772 to make an appointment.